Redland Court, Bristol
Redland Court was built in 1732, by architect John Strahan in a transitional Baroque/Palladian style. The site was occupied by Redland High School from 1882 until 2017. The school created several ancillary buildings and extensions during its operation, eroding the character of the main house and its setting.
Matthew Wigan Associates provided landscape and planning services for the residential development of the site, which included new residential buildings, the conversion of the Grade II* listed main house, and the reinstatement of the parkland gardens, which had been built over with tennis courts and hard surfacing.
Our services included a Townscape Visual Assessment with viewpoint photography and photo-montages showing the proposed development, and outline landscape plans.